History
 
In 1896 a few families from the Northside of Corning—then known as Knoxville—petitioned for a new Baptist church to be built on their side of the river. This new church, eventually named North Baptist Church, was planted with the specific purpose of ministering to those who could not cross the river.
 
Since then, North Baptist Church has ministered to the families of the Northside neighborhood. We have been here through the good times and the lean times, and even through The it all, we have sought to build up God’s kingdom in the Southern Tier.